Friday 7 January 2011

Launch offer of Times of India new paper in Coimbatore and litigations

Times of India is planning to launch TOI Newspaper with yearly subscription of Rs.299/- and a sports bag free. I have subscribed for it in Oct 2010 and waited the news papers delivery will start from Dec 2010 but not done so. The following are the email discussion with the customer service team. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Dear Sir, 
I have subscribed to TOI on 28.10.10  and expecting the delivery of the newspaper from Dec 1st. But still I it is not getting delivered. I wonder what is the problem and not happy with the service. 
My order number: IAA 019385
My address: 
*******
I tried to call the number 0422-4201222 and nobody lifted the phone. 
Please arrange it quickly as possible.

Response from TOI to my email

Dear Sir,
Thanks for subscribing to “The Times of India Coimbatore Edition”.
The launching date is not fixed, it will be announced on December last week r by January first week through MEDIA and also by SMS.
Our executive told unknowningly, surly will take action on him.
Sorry for this inconvenience.

With regards
CRM TEAM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is already Jan 2011 and no SMS/Email came to me about the starting of the service. I don't understand how they have taken the money and invoiced even without deciding the service date. Wonder if they are waiting for the minimum number of subscribers to pay money to get it started. 

Really not happy with the services. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Murali,
Ideally its Supposed to be launched by Pongal .I guess Due to procedural delays,its not launched yet!
They are waiting for a Proper Grand Launch ,hence this delay.
But you will have a great source of News,once it enters coimbatore Market.
It may happen anytime in January or February For Sure..
U r not going to lose ur money for sure!
Am An Active TOI reader From the time it launched in Chennai.
I Subscribed for Coimbatore Edition as well ,as my home is in Cbe,
I work in Chennai!

EVHUB said...

Hi Prem, thank you. I am not worried about the money loss, but worried about the missing TOI's word and their strategy. I hope I get the copy by Feb 2011 as per their SMS confirmation recently. let us see.

Anonymous said...

The Times of India has put off its launch in Coimbatore as the Editorial Team is weak there. Apparently, some Reporters who are not well versed with the region have been appointed and they are not up to the mark. But it has Radha Venkatesan, the famous Reporter from The Hindu, who is super journalist. The information now is that they may launch only in second week of February but even then they may survive only on circulation which is based on subscribers like us who were foolish to buy it because we got one bag free.

Archana said...

Recently got an SMS from TOI confirming their grand launch in Feb 2011. Lets keep our fingers crossed.